PSN Terraria Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a community of Terraria players who do numerous game modes and activities with each other. We like having fun and making new friends.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's-a me, NotU!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NotU
NotU

Hub Reputation : 0

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Okay, sorry for the bad opening line.. Razz

I'm fairly new to Terraria and have been playing for about a week. I don't really know much about the game, but I'm working on it.
Back to top Go down
Terrapin
Terrapin

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Hey NotU! Welcome to Terraria Hub! As you can see, the place is a bit of a ghost town, but I'm working on trying to change that. I see this place as a nice alternative to the official Terraria forums and like it a lot more personally. Nice to have you here! Feel free to add me on PSN @ Terrapin2190. Come check out my world some time and grab some items if you want. Grabbing too much stuff before you've played the game for a while can spoil some things tho. Looking forward to playing with you! Let me know if I can help with anything! ...NotU! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NotU
NotU

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Yeah. I'm actually here because of a link you posted on GameFAQs. I'm not sure how social I'll be, I was initially just looking for someplace to get more info about the game. I joined late, when a friend suggested it to me a couple weeks ago. I've since become somewhat obsessed with it. Wink

I got a friend of mine playing (somewhat) as well. I'm hoping there's a way to make the joint world we're using available even if the world 'owner' (me) isn't on or in it.

I've collected most of the normal-mode NPC's in my primary world (the second one I made, the first was a learning experience), beat the goblins several times (they need to learn to leave me the hell alone), destroyed a couple corrupted hearts, and defeated the Eye of Cthulu (which kept spawning and attacking me at the worst possible times, like while trying to mine meteorite and fighting blood moon spawn and goblins...)

If you're familiar with the Bartle test, I'm an EAKS, meaning my favorite thing to do in games is to explore (followed by 'achieve', 'kill', and 'socialize', in that order). I'm also a 'turtle', meaning I play slow and steady most of the time. That means I'm okay with with progress not always being 'instant' or super fast. I prefer to prepare, or over-prepare at times.

I haven't looked at the official forums, though I do have the official wiki among my bookmarks for the game.

I'll be adding you shortly, though I'm not much of a social player in this style of game. My PSN is NotU.
Back to top Go down
Terrapin
Terrapin

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 1:00 am

Hah, I'm pretty social but don't like using my mic a lot of times. Never heard of the Bartle test, but that sounds pretty cool! I've been known to be quite turtley myself lol. Well, when Niz and tyrone were more active on Terraria, Niz had a community building world that we all called The Hub, which essentially led to the creation of this forum. Sounds about like what you're wanting to do. But in order for it to be available at all times, you'd either have to upload it your save file (and use a few other programs), let another person download it and import the save file to their system, which any progress made would then be system specific. That, or you could just leave your world open a lot (which is what I do), but if people come in and loot or decide to destroy things, (unless you turn autosave off) those changes get saved too.

As long as you leave autosave off, remember to "Exit without Saving" and keep a backup of your world either with cloudsave or on USB, that method works pretty well. My only other advice towards that is to keep a tight group of Terraria friends. A lot of kids that play don't care and just want to come in and take your loot lol. I've got most of the useful items, so all I do is build stuff, do boss fights... annoy looters that ignore my messages Razz

If you ever see my world on the Games list tho, feel free to join, explore and take anything you want. I do building material drop offs too for anyone interested in building.
Back to top Go down
NotU
NotU

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 1:19 pm

How do you join other people's games? I've had people join me uninvited (even though 'Invite Only' was on), and I saw you on the other day and couldn't join you.

Edit: The separate game world set up isn't what I was looking for. I was hoping for a simple 'cross-over' world that we could both use, whether the other person was on or not, and have it be consistent. You know, I drop things in a chest for him and vice versa. I'm a little bit ahead of him in the game, so I stuff I no longer find useful (or have duplicates of) could go to him.
Back to top Go down
Terrapin
Terrapin

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 2:35 am

I usually play offline when I'm building, since even with invite only on sometimes connection errors still pop up and I save manually, so it can lead to lost progress. To join others, just go to your worlds menu and wait to see if anyone's game pops up. Some should pop up in a matter of seconds if anyone is playing in online mode. Or just ask for an invite! If you ever send people game invites and they don't join, they can accept the invite at a later time and sneak into your world lol.

As for a cross-over world, I'm not sure if something like that's possible. The only way I could think of that working is if it was set up as a persistent cloud save, which isn't supported yet. That would be an awesome feature tho! Maybe we could send a message to the 505 Games developers and see if they could add something like that in Terraria 2!

If you ever want to join and don't see me in the games list, just send me a message. I have almost every useful item and building block in the game and more than willing to share. I let people run around, take, and destroy things all the time lol. I could even build some pixel art or nifty housing in your world if you want Smile
Back to top Go down
NotU
NotU

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 3:47 am

I know what you mean about playing offline. Even with Invite Only checked, I've still had people pop into my game uninvited.

Yeah, I'm doubting what I was wanting is possible. At least, it doesn't sound like it. Persistent cloud saves is just one of the things on my 'wish list' for the game. I also wish there was an option, along with Invite Only, to allow friends to join without an invite while keeping non-friends list players out. I know it can be done, GTAO has that option (along with a clan server option).

I'm a little mixed on taking stuff from more advanced players. On one hand, I want to earn everything I get. On the other hand, it would be really cool to have stuff right now.

I do have a question, though. I currently have the Miner's helmet (with the light) equipped and the Viking helmet as my visual effect so I can bounce between them easily enough. I don't suppose there's a helmet that offers better armor than the Miner's helmet, but still offers the light without a torch option, is there?
Back to top Go down
Terrapin
Terrapin

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Nope, skip the next paragraph if you don't want to read any item spoilers...

The only items that provide light are torch, mining helmet, and wisp in a bottle. The 3rd one is nice because it works like a pet, just use it as an item and it hovers around until you die or remove the buff created by it. It's nice to use because it doesn't hog up any inventory or accessory slots and you can even remove the item itself from your inventory and it still works! Until you die of course.

Yeah, it gets a little hectic when you get friends of friends of friends joining. Then people start messaging you to kick people or restart your world so they can join. I've resorted to deleting anyone that becomes an annoyance or doesn't read or listen to my messages when I send them. New people on my list anyways. I was in one of my friends' worlds the other night and he was sleeping/afk so I decided to just start building things to surprise him when he got back lol. I'm usually able to notify my friends when they join "No taking or breaking!" but one of my 'more noobish' followers joined and I told them that. They left, then came back and sprayed his entire world with hallowed solution! Had to go back and undo everything he did. Even though it was mostly an empty world, y'know... that's not cool! XD

Anyways, I've been taking a break from gaming lately. Trying to find a job and talk to this girl. I've got a bunch of ideas I want to start building, but gotta take care of real life priorities. So, if anyone asks... I shall return! Gotta have a place to lay my head at night and I'm tired of being so damn single!! XD Have you even been in my world yet?? I still turn my PS3 on and lust let it sit there. If you ever want an invite, just send me a message Smile
Back to top Go down
NotU
NotU

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 12:24 am

I know what you mean. Between working 2 jobs and a family, I don't really have much time to game right now. When I do, it's usually just jumping into some game with a buddy for some mindless FPS action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's-a me, NotU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's-a me, NotU!   It's-a me, NotU! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's-a me, NotU!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PSN Terraria Hub :: Welcome and Introductions :: Member Introductions-
Jump to: