PSN Terraria Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a community of Terraria players who do numerous game modes and activities with each other. We like having fun and making new friends.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terrapin's Updates 23

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Terrapin
Terrapin

Hub Reputation : 0

Terrapin's Updates 23 Empty
PostSubject: Terrapin's Updates 23   Terrapin's Updates 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Well, not much to report. Took a break from waiting for trees to grow. I think there's a clue to what trees will look like though by looking at the acorn sprout. I'll mess around with it and report back to let people know.

Other than my failed attempts at tree growing, I've started trying to build a large Orz creature from Star Control 2/Ur-Quan Masters HD (A REALLY good game on PC and Android). This build will take some time though if I even finish it since I'm working from what I think is a 32-bit image. Basically eyeballing a high quality pixelated image. Low quality (in terms of bits-per-pixel) is easier to work with since the pixel placement is much easier to see and determine which pixel is which... hard to explain unless you've been doing the same thing lol.

SO. That being said, I'm going to start looking for an "image/photo graphing" utility for PC. Haven't found a very good one on Android or online application. There are a few that work online, but only for certain image dimensions. If it's too small or too large, the graph is too large or too small to work with.

Bead Tool looks like it might work well for graphing Terraria builds. The cool thing is that the way blocks work in Terraria is the same way beadwork and some stitching methods work. So if you have an image you'd like to build in Terraria, here are some keywords you can use!

"Image/photo" "Bead/stitch" "graph/chart" "snap-to-grid" "pixelate"

Some things along those lines.

Here are a few that I've found if you're interested:

beadtool.net
easybeadpatterns.com
beadcreator.com (not free?)
beader.org (online only)
http://www.leahkramer.com/beadwork.shtml
Here is a program called Beadesigner. It's a program for Windows 3.1 so I'm not sure if it will work for Windows 7/8 lol but I'm going to try it and see. It looks promising! Anything to help me build my own designs for my own unique Terraria builds!

Anyways, good luck!

UPDATE!!

--Working on Orz design from Ur-Quan Masters HD
(We are Orz! Do you like to *camping*?) XD

--Looking into bead designing programs! This should be fun and revolutionary for the Terraria community!
Back to top Go down

Terrapin's Updates 23
Page 1 of 1