PSN Terraria Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a community of Terraria players who do numerous game modes and activities with each other. We like having fun and making new friends.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Player! (VITA)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jayiarts
jayiarts

Hub Reputation : 0

New Player! (VITA) Empty
PostSubject: New Player! (VITA)   New Player! (VITA) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:35 am

I saw your thread on Gamefaq advertising the forums so I decided to stop by and found a large amount of people who play Terraria just like me. I'm so addicted to the game, it's so much fun. @_@ Best $6 I've ever spend! I hope people are still active on the forums >_< Don't see much posted :/ And the posts that are recent are almost a month+ old already. I don't know anyone else that plays Terraria so it would be fun if you guys wanna game with me!

Would be great if you guys can donate some crimtane ores. They're so hard to find >.< Are wings hard to get?
Back to top Go down
Terrapin
Terrapin

New Player! (VITA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player! (VITA)   New Player! (VITA) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi jayiarts! Glad you found us! Unfortunately, it seems I'm the only active member right now aside from lilbrownloc. I'm trying to get more people to the site. I post updates every now and then. Just started building again after playing XCOM for a while. Make sure to add me on PSN - Terrapin2190. I guess you spotted Terraria on the Holiday special, I paid $15 for mine but for the endless replay value, I love it! And as a matter of fact, I have half a few hacked stacks of crimtane ore stacked to 999! I'm using it to build a giant human heart underground right now XD And wings aren't too hard to get depending on which wings you're making and have the materials. I have a few sets but lost most of them when I accidentally saved after people looted my world lol.

Since you're new, I'll give you a little rundown, tips and tricks etc. Most importantly, you might want to turn autosave off in the settings and save manually if you plan on playing online a lot. As long as you don't save, all your items and buildings go back to the way they were when you last saved the next time you load your world. So if people come in and start looting or destroying things, just Exit Without Saving and you're good to go!

Secondly, every now and then you might want to back up your world to the cloud (if you have PS Plus) or to a USB flash drive. I think USB is much more reliable, since it's an actual hard co of your saved data. Only because sometimes Terraria save files get corrupted sometimes and when people do steal things or break your stuff, it's nice to have a backup copy.

Right now, the dyes are screwed up from the Xmas update, (once you get some dyes, you'll see lol) but there is an update scheduled for January so we'll see. Anyways, nice to have you with us! Looking forward to playing with ya!
Back to top Go down
Terrapin
Terrapin

New Player! (VITA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player! (VITA)   New Player! (VITA) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Oh! Another fun thing to do if you're looking for building ideas or want to build pixel art, you can always do a google image search for "pixel" "pixel art" and "cross stitch" patterns. There's a whole host of images I've been having fun with. But beware, it does seem like building pre-made pixel images kind of hinders "natural" building ability. Just something I've noticed since I started doing that. XD
Back to top Go down
jayiarts
jayiarts

New Player! (VITA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player! (VITA)   New Player! (VITA) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 3:04 am

Yeah, someone helped me out and gave me some wings! It made things a lot easier but I'm still using the Sword that you craft outta Crimtane ores. And dw, I bought the game during the $6 sale for my PS Vita. And I must say this is a really fun addicting game. @_@

Thanks for the tips! Never thought of doing backups and about people looting my items lmao
Back to top Go down
Terrapin
Terrapin

New Player! (VITA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player! (VITA)   New Player! (VITA) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 2:47 am

Yeah, it gets a little crazy sometimes LOL! I've had people destroy my entire tower while my world was open before... aaand a few times, I rigged it with explosives myself. There's a few more tips in the General Discussion forum in The Unfinished Terrarian Handbook. Some of the things might be outdated, but it's pretty organized. It's mainly for PS3 since that's what I play on, but some pretty neat tricks in there Smile I should do some research and update it for all console versions. I would include PC, but there's way to much stuff on PC version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Player! (VITA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Player! (VITA)   New Player! (VITA) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Player! (VITA)
Page 1 of 1