PSN Terraria Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a community of Terraria players who do numerous game modes and activities with each other. We like having fun and making new friends.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terrapin's Updates 22

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Terrapin
Terrapin

Hub Reputation : 0

Terrapin's Updates 22 Empty
PostSubject: Terrapin's Updates 22   Terrapin's Updates 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Happy Turkey Day errbody! Not so happy Terrarying for me XD

So, I've started a new tower project. Good news is that the layout looks pretty nice. "Triple stuffed" sandwich style! Silver on the outside walls, demonite and ice on the inside with blue stained glass in the center makes for a nice glowing ice effect at night. The BAD news is... I'm stuck as to what sort of layout I want to use. I know what I want to do on the outside portion of the tower, which is where more bad news comes in.

I'm trying to get trees growing on both sides of the tower, each one a different biome that I plan on placing stained glass in the background and pillars on each side to make it look really nice. The bad news is that the trees closest to the tower refuse to grow and so do the trees in the small jungle biome. I don't see why they refuse to grow. I have them set up in 5-block wide dirt/mud patches and they have plenty room above to grow into. I think I need to just destroy the sandwich walls I've placed nearby. There might be some sort of height-width THING preventing them from growing. And you can't just plant acorns on jungle grass, so I might switch that to a crimson biome, but that involves using spray, so I'll have to spray from BENEATH the grass so I don't clentaminate anything else in the process.

This is a giant mess of a new tower I've planted my foot in! But I'm sure I'll figure it out. Might take a break and start on some Sonic and Mario pixel arts. Also, something I've been thinking about... I think building pixel art so much is hindering my natural building abilities. Anyways, food's here! Till next time!

UPDATE!!
--New tower started!
--crap. TREES.
--crap. BUILDING.
--crap. tower...
Back to top Go down
Kain_Smith1

PostSubject: Re: Terrapin's Updates 22   Terrapin's Updates 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 1:01 am

Sound like you're having tough time with your new project. I do hope that everything go smoothly as you hope. You know that I can always help you if you need to move things or mine stuffs, etc.
Back to top Go down
Terrapin
Terrapin

PostSubject: Re: Terrapin's Updates 22   Terrapin's Updates 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 3:56 pm

I put that project on hold for now lol. Takes too much time waiting for trees to grow. I rebuilt the layout, I think the trees were too close to blocks that were higher up, but they weren't directly above where the tree would be growing. I'll have to play around with the acorns a bit and figure out how they work haha. Hey, next time I see you on tho I'll send you an invite. Took a little break so I wouldn't get all Terraria'd out. I'd like to see what you've been working on too, maybe come build something over there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrapin's Updates 22   Terrapin's Updates 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrapin's Updates 22
Page 1 of 1